Used To Be think ESO Was Intimidating. Now I Think It’s One Of The Best Games Out There!

Ever since ESO came out I’ve been wanting to give it a try. However, I would much rather play a single player campaign or experience with a choice to play multiplayer. MMO’s on the other hand always intimidated me. My first MMO was Warcraft and it was a total failure. Not the game mind you but me... I couldn’t get used to it and was always overwhelmed by higher level opponents and monsters so I just gave up on it after a while. eso gold on the other hand I find AMAZING!! Been playing this game for 5days now and I can proudly say I’m hooked. The world, the dialogue, the stories, the community! Literally everything about this game is great!


The starting Tutorial changes with each Chapter. If you own only the base game, you will start in Coldharbor. If you own the ESO/Morrowind, you will start in Morrowind. If you own Summerset, the most current Chapter, you will start in Summerset. There is no option to change your starting location from these places. If you skip the tutorial, you will end up in the ending region of that tutorial (Starter Island, Morrowind, Summerset, respectively.)

The Main Quest starts in the starter city of your alliance when you talk to the Hooded Figure and you'll experience the original Coldharbor tutorial.

This will dump you on your alliance's starter island(s).

Starter Cities are:


  • Davon's Watch, Stonefalls for the Ebonheart Pact;



  • Vulkhel Guard, Auridon for the Aldmeri Dominion;



  • Daggerfall, Glenumbra for the Daggerfall Covenant.


Without giving any spoilers, I finished the Summerset storyline before I finished the main Coldharbour story, and it felt super out of whack with Darien. Not that it matters in the long run, I just wish I progressed in order. I haven't really touched any Morrowind quests, but I hope I didn't chunk the storyline.

I'm similar to you. I'm not a fan of Bethesda RPGs and I always lost interest pretty quickly. Finally decided to give it a shot and I absolutely love playing this game. I'm definitely overwhelmed as there's so much I can do and it's such a great feeling that there's more freedom for the player to choose how they want to build their character. Sure I could go look up builds, but I'd much rather experiment and explore the world on my own first.

I highly recommend checking out some build guides from some of the major content creators. I was overwhelmed with the front bar and back bar setups and why they made any sense, but it has started to click. There is a lot of muscle memory on rotations, keeping buffs up, and swapping bars. I find it to be very enjoyable now.

Comments